Hello, friends! Now that we are in the month of May, it’s time to reflect on everything that went on last month. As always, it was a very busy month, but a lot of awesome things happened that I’m excited to share with you!
Music Favorites: April was a throwback month for music. I listened to a lot of music that was popular three years ago, back when I was in eighth grade. Here are some of my favorites:
- Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye : This song is so old, but it’s a classic! It’s super chill and is great to listen to in the morning.
- Thousand Years by Christina Perri: I love this song! It’s so beautiful, and there are very low chances of my getting tired of it. I will love it for a thousand years.
- Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Ray: I love how dark and brooding this song is. Again, it’s really chill and relaxing, which has been the ideal music for me lately.
- I watched Twilight on a whim this month and I absolutely loved it! It’s totally cheesy, but I loved getting to relive the days of being Team Edward, as I will always be.
Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks: I finally finished reading this book, and I really enjoyed it. It wasn’t the typical cheesy romance novel that I was expecting. It had a lot of twists, turns, and a plot twists. I loved it.
- Trinity: At the beginning of April, I was able to go to Texas for my cousin’s wedding, which was totally amazing. I was also able to visit Trinity University in San Antonio, which is my dad’s alma mater. I really enjoyed visiting this school, and San Antonio is the coolest city.
- 30 hr Famine: I also participated in a 30 hour famine with my church, which was definitely a memorable experience. For 30 hours, my youth group and I learned about world hunger and served the community, while depriving ourselves of food. It was really eye opening, and taught me a lot.
- Prom: I finally got my prom dress! A lot of drama has gone on this month as far as prom, but it’s all good now. I’m so excited to be going with a group of friends that I know I will have a great time with.
- Student Body President: In April, I ran for Student Body President for my school. I campaigned, created a commercial, and participated in the school-wide elections. In the end, I’m happy to announce that I did win the election and am going to serve as Student Body President for my school next year. This is something that I’ve dreamed about for a long time and I’m very thankful to be given this opportunity.
I hope you enjoyed this post! I’ve missed you guys a lot and as school is starting to wind down, I should be able to chat with you more. I love you!