Hello ,friends! Now that it is prom season, my friends and I are all getting excited for prom and starting to prepare for it! Prom-posals are definitely in full-swing; my Instagram feed is proof of that. Also, people are starting to look at options for what they are going to wear at prom!
I actually got to do a little bit of shopping for dresses with my friend today, and we had an absolute blast trying on different styles, colors, and posing crazily in front of the mirror. I actually got stuck in this on e dress and broke the zipper, so this stranger helped rip me out of it. It was definitely interesting. I didn’t end up buying any dresses, but I did get an idea of what I want and don’t want, which was the goal.
I came to the conclusion that the best dress for me would be strapless, long, and preferably with a little sparkle. I really like blue shades, especially royal blue. Hopefully I can find a dress that doesn’t break the bank. If you know of any good prom boutiques, let me know in the comments below! I will definitely check them out. After all of this prom dress craziness, I have some tips on shopping for prom dresses to share with you.
- Take a friend: Your friend will tell you the truth, but will guarantee that it will come out nicely. It’s also fun to have a friend to take pictures with.
- Be openminded: Try a bunch of different styles and colors! You never know what you might find.
- Take pictures: Take pictures of you in the dresses you try on to use as reference later.
- Can you move? : One test to make sure a dress size or style is right for you is to dance around and see how comfortable you are. If you’re going to dance the night away, might as well be comfortable.
- Don’t give up: Don’t worry about finding a dress the first time you go shopping. Take some time to look at different places, but make sure that you plan enough to have enough time to get the dress and have it altered.
- Inspiration: Create a Pinterest board to have all of your prom inspiration in one place! It will give you a clearer view of what exactly you’re looking for.
I hope you enjoyed these tips on finding prom dresses! Good luck ❤
Here’s my Prom Pinterest board!